This weekend, we traveled to Colorado to visit our favorite aunt and uncle (I pick favorites, it’s true). We seriously adore them. My husband and daughter feel welcome in their home anytime.
Their house was full of goodies. These Grinch Cookies were one of those goodies. Super FAST, EAST, and YUMMY. Heck, they are made from a cake mix–you can’t get easier than that! It’s cheating in the baking world to many, but I embrace ease. And in the wise words of Nadiya in “Nadiya’s Time to Eat“, “I love cheating!” (I do Nadiya, I do too.)
Cheating is the best when it comes to the holidays…because let’s be real, we are all busy!
So if you feel like cheating a bit and using a cake mix to create these cookies, please do!
P.S. I would LOVE to keep in touch! Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest to stay up to date with my posts! If you end up making one of my recipes, I would love to see it! Just take a photo, post it, and tag me @saltanddough
- 1-15.25 oz box vanilla cake mix, dry
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp oil
- green food coloring
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- red hots candies or heart sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl: place the dry cake mix, butter, eggs and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Add green food coloring until desired color of green is reached.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and cornstarch.
- Roll dough into balls and into powdered sugar mixture and place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Press a heart candy/red hot candy onto each cookie.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. (Make sure not to let cookies brown.)
- Remove from oven and let sit about 2 minutes before placing on wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 20-24 cookies.
This recipe is originally adapted from: I Heart Naptime