After not being able to even look at fruits and vegetables for months (thank you morning sickness during pregnancy), I can finally get back to making smoothies and smoothie bowls! It only took until the 3rd trimester!
I have been overly excited to share my favorite smoothie concoctions with you! (More to come!)
My absolute go-tos when making smoothies include: adding yogurt to make it creamy and frothy, and adding lemon juice (or any other citrus) to balance the sweetness.
Creamy Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 3 cups liquid (milk or water) + add more if needed
- Pour all ingredients into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, pour your smoothie into a bowl and swirl with fresh fruits and superfood powders.