Doesn’t the arugula make this hummus look so fancy? 🤴🏼Technically this arugula wreath is called a “laurel wreath” or “civic crown” that Julius Caesar wore to symbolize victory. Good ol’ history.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is peanut butter. Add it in addition to tahini. It’s seriously SO GOOD.
SAVE THE RECIPE (CLICK “PIN” BUTTON ABOVE)
P.S. I would LOVE to keep in touch! Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest to stay up to date with my posts! If you end up making one of my recipes, I would love to see it! Just take a photo, post it, and tag me @saltanddough
SECRET INGREDIENT HUMMUS
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans, 1 can drained (& 1 can undrained)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (add more if needed)
- 3-4 teaspoons lemon juice (or juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- spices: 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 5 dashes hot sauce
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic.
- Pour in the chickpeas, the liquid from one of the cans, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
- Add all the spices and blend for another full minute.
- Taste. Add more spices or ingredients, as needed.
- If too thin, add in a spoonful of peanut butter or powdered peanut butter. If too thick, add in a tad more olive oil and lemon juice.
- Keep blending/processing until really smooth!
You’ll want to eat this stuff all by itself!